Fanta Sweet & Sour Pork
This dish will make you see fizzy drinks in a totally different way!
FOR THE PORK – Serves 4 (291 calories | 6g fat (2g sat fat) | 10g sugar per serving)
You will need:
- 500g pork fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100g mushrooms, diced
- 2 thick slices of pineapple, diced (optional)
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow one, thinly sliced
- 200g carton passata
- 330ml can Diet Fanta
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Coriander (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
STEP 1: Brown your pork, garlic, onions and peppers in a deep frying pan in low cal cooking spray.
STEP 2: Add in the pineapple, passata, Fanta, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and cook on a low heat reducing the sauce to a lovely sticky texture (min. 2 hours)
STEP 3: Season to taste, and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with rice.
P.S. Top tip: Toss in a load of miniature veggies if you’re making this for a dinner party. Can also be made with chicken.
– This recipe was donated by Joely Moorcroft.