Perfect Pancakes For Two
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner but as pancake day is too, we thought we would combine the two for a perfectly romantic breakfast recipe.
This particular pancake recipe not only uses a few simple ingredients you may have stashed in cupboard (and fruit bowl) including bananas and oats, but is also vegan and gluten free. For those extra brownie points why not try making them heart shaped using either a silicone heart shaped mould or hand drawn straight into the pan using a plastic condiment bottle.
This loved up recipe also produces some beautiful pinky red pancakes with the addition of frozen raspberries.
- 130g oat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 bananas mashed
- handful of frozen raspberries
- 160ml of plant based milk such as almond
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
To make :
- In a mixing bowl combine the oat flour and baking powder till throughly combined
- With the rest of the ingredients either blend with a hand held stick blender or food processor until nice and smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients with a spatula until you have a lovely silky smooth batter.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan and ladle, mould, or hand draw your pancakes. Cook briefly on each side till you get and nice golden/ pink colour.
Share your heartfelt breakfast creations on our Facebook group Skinny Recipes 💕