St.David’s Day Crustless Leek Quiche
As the days are starting to get just a little bit longer there are signs everywhere that spring is starting to pop its head above ground. Nothing more so trumpets springs return than the sunshine filled daffodil, meaning that St. David’s day is also just around the corner.
This weeks recipe has been inspired by the day of Welsh celebration, using the traditional leek in a not quite typical quiche creation. By omitting the pastry element it produces a much lower carb dinner that’s lighter but still packed full of flavour.
For crustless leek quiche – 6 servings (161 calories | 9g fat | 0g sugar each portion)
Prep time 5 minutes | cooking time 50 minutes
- 2 large leeks cleaned and chopped
- 5 or 6 medium eggs
- 175ml of skimmed milk
- 150grams of reduced fat cheddar
- pinch of seaweed salt or regular sea salt
- pinch of pepper
To make :
- Begin by preheating the oven to 200•c
- In an oven proof deep sided frying pan, heat a little oil and add the cleaned and chopped leeks. Saute until translucent and remove from heat.
- In a bowl or large measuring jug mix the eggs and milk together with a fork till combined.
- Add the grated cheese and seasonings to the milk and eggs and mix further.
- Pour this mixture over your cooked leeks and place in preheated oven for around 40 minutes till puffed up and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly to set before serving.